Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yum Seng at Bangsar Seafood Restaurant






Clarissa (4+ yrs) had the privilege of joining us for a wedding dinner of my cousin, Samuel and Chiu Mei. She was pretty excited as she would be able to meet lot's of our relatives and not to mention the delicious food at One Bangsar. I wasn't quite sure whether I could make it as I was feeling groggy in the morning due to long working hours. Mommy and I decided that we'd go and make it a wonderful nite-out and brag about our newborn Benedict!

We arrived earlier to escape the Saturday crowd. My tummy was growling already at 7.30pm since I skipped both breakfast and lunch. I just couldn't wait for the sumptuous meal in the Bangsar Seafood Restaurant. The guest reception team was efficient and we soon found our way at table 20 with Samuel's sister's in-laws. Clarissa and I steadily diminished the supply of Shandong peanuts on the table while we warmed-up for the Yum Seng ("bottons-up" or "toast"). Clarissa enjoyed her favourite 4 Seasons dish and Shark Fin's Soup (this doesn't mean that I condone killing of sharks?).

We were entertained with Richard Clayderman and Praise-Worship Instrumentals in the air accompanying a narrative on the life of the bride and groom with Powerpoint visuals. Since Clarissa has got off diapers (officially!) Mommy and I took turns accompanying her for toilet trips. Gives me an excuse to take a walk down the hallway and chit-chat with relatives.

The most memorable event was .... the moist chocolate cake gift and the Yum Seng! Clarissa really made it count with 3 loud and prolonged "Yaaaaarrrrmmmmm Sennnnnnnnng!"s.

We are thrilled that she was interacting well with the adults. She started answering every question the emcee asked. On Sunday I found out that she loved giving impromptu answers to the pastors' preaching from the pulpit! "Hey, little girl... he can't hear you in the children's play room. You need to join the main congregation!!!". I wonder what will he say about her response.

Links of interest:
Getting to One Bangsar"
Bangsar Seafood Restaurant

No comments: