Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More to regain my fitness



I had a chat with one of my clients at work and found out that 2 of his colleagues (aged 36 yrs and 39 yrs old) just passed away after a myocardial infarct (heart attack). That started off a panic reaction in his company for people above the age 35 yrs to find out whether they are at risk of dying in the prime of their lives.

Time for me to take a look at extending my 'shelf-life' (if it's still doable). I am going to reduce my working hours from 60 hrs/week to probably 52 hrs/week for a start. Don't think doctors should work themselves to death with an unhealthy lifestyle! My risk of coronary heart disease and stroke is higher since my fasting blood sugar is occasionally elevated!

I shall start my treadmill walk and cycling tomorrow night after work. I make sure that I don't do more than 85% of my maximum heart rate (NB: I am not trying to kill myself!). Sleep off early tonight so that I will feel like exercising when it comes. I'm targeting 1cm waist circumference reduction in 2 weeks and a diet and exercise program for at least 6 months. Eventually, I plan to shed 10 kg and live longer. Mommy, thanks for all the support! I need all the encouragement I can get.

Links you should visit:-
10-year Risk of Developing Coronary Heart Disease (Framingham's Score)
Healthy Weight Loss
Diabetes Risk Test
ACSM and AHA Physical Activity Guidelines

No comments: