Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Naming the baby and Breastfeeding

This time around I thought that Mommy would be extremely tired after delivery. Now it's 5 days after delivery and Mommy has been busy breastfeeding the baby day and night (every 2 to 3 hourly), she still looks good enough for another 6 months of the same routine. I have always advocated breastfeeding and been a good 'coach' since the days of medical school.

Little baby still hasn't got his name yet. We're busy looking for his English name and trying to find the pinyin for his Chinese name. I didn't like the idea of using the Chinese version of the English name as the name may not mean anything at all. I preferred to have a Chinese name with proper meaning (but I did not like the idea of looking at the dates and the stars as it sounded complicated). Times like this I wished I had Mandarin classes during my primary school days.

Meanwhile, he seems quite content looking around in between feeds. He takes naps in the afternoons and at night. He looks better now that he is feeding well. Mommy will tell me that he sucks 'like there is no tomorrow'. Hence, if she doesn't feed him for a longer duration than 3 hours, she has more discomfort as he sucks harder. Mommy told me that as he feeds, colostrum starts dripping from the opposite side. To conserve the colostrum, she keeps a bottle at the other nipple. She tells me that it's less painful than having a manual or electric pump. I'm proud of her as she is giving 100% mother's milk to our baby. He doesn't seem to burp as much as his sisters.

I have been preparing her daily Anmum milk and she says that her milk seem to look 'better'. Anyway, I'm glad that she finally takes milk products as part of nourishing herself and preventing Osteoporosis when she gets older.

Links you can use:-
Chinese Name Tool
Breastfeeding website
Breastfeeding Techniques
Risk factor of Osteoporosis

No comments: