Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Gift of life!


As I was reading about the miracle heart transplant patient in the Star recently, it has struck me that many a life could be saved by unknown organ donors. I can imagine my relatives and friends telling me, "Are you crazy?", "Don't you have anything better to do?", "Are you trying to be a hero?" while a minority may quietly envy those who had the 'guts' to do so.

I don't really know many who have willed their organs to be donated. Nevertheless, I have found a useful site telling us more about Organ Donation called "Gift of Life". You could also print and copy the form and send it to the National Transplant Registry.

Besides, what am I going to do with my physical body when I'm away? Donate it to science or a willing recepient who needs it rather than let it rot away! Now, here's another reason why I shouldn't abuse my organs!

Now that I have little Benedict, I am reminded that life is more precious than I've ever thought before. Let's make every second of it count!

No comments: