Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Thursday, September 6, 2007

How do you handle 3 kids without domestic help?

I honestly don't know. I shall have to ask my mom. Mommy and I are working. So that leaves the children to be with the babysitter or Montessori. (Not to ask about the cost of sending your children to Chinese babysitters which would cost you anything from RM450-700). My mom asked me whether we would be getting a Indonesian or Cambodian maid. I said it would be a good idea but we can't leave the children to grow up leaving them to the domestic helper. I guess it would be interesting to find out that they could speak better Indonesian than Mandarin. If the maid is not around, we would have problems carrying the baby in the 'sarung'.

Feeding and dressing the baby seems to be the easiest of all. Learning to communicate and building a relationship with children would be more challenging. I don't think the 20 minutes after work (recommended by some) may not suffice as children do not really open up. They need time to discover themselves and we need time to link up and be their loving parents. I was shocked to find out that my 4 month old Clarissa thought I was a stranger when I finally came home after an overseas assignment with the national athletes more than 3 years ago. It was then that I decided that I was going to spend more time with my family.

Now,... what shall we do when the third baby arrives?

No comments: