Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 28, 2007

What's a suitable name for a baby boy?













Come September 2007 Mommy is expecting a baby boy! We're all excited (both our parents are too!). Mommy has asked me about the name of our boy. "Hmm...! Can we wait and do it wisely", I said. "It's always good to name the baby boy after me, perhaps? Like what my father did for my elder brother!", I said. She wasn't impressed.

There are lot's of resources for baby names in the www e.g. babynames,babynamesworld or from the Bible. We want a name that suits the baby more than it suits us. We do not give him a name that others would poke fun at. We do not want a name which is too popular. Neither do we want to have a name which is too difficult to pronounce that everyone would be using another name in short. We want a name with meaning and possibly a name which has positive impact in both English and Chinese!

Any ideas?

No comments: