Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A promise is a promise!



Came home with Clarissa (3+yrs) this evening and told her we were going out for a walk after her shower and dinner. Saw a twinkle in her eye as there was a large play area at IKEA and Hytex Town at IKANO Power Centre. "Oopps!", I thought. I was tired but I was committed.

We quickly went up the apartment and took our shower but I was dead tired and took a nap as soon as mommy came home. An hour passed and I awoke at 7.30pm only to find Clarissa engrossed with Barney and Friends (DVD). We had dinner and soon mommy came back with Christa (1+yrs).

I was ready to get tucked in bed but then Clarissa said, "Daddy, when can we go for a walk?". Mommy looked at me. I returned a guilty look and told her I told her I would take Clarissa out. "But it's already 9pm!", mommy said. I then suggested that we got the children dressed and we'll just take a walk by the pool at the apartment.

We got out of the lift and proceeded to the poolside and Clarissa reminded me, "Daddy, I want to go for a walk and walk at IKANO!". I looked at mommy for some moral support. Out came a solution. "We'll go for Ais-kacang (crushed ice with brown syrup and other delicious dressing)!", mommy said. We got all excited and took a 5 minute drive to the hawker centre in Section 17, Petaling Jaya. With the bowl of Ais-kacang in front of her, I asked Clarissa, "Do you still want to go for a walk?". "No, daddy, I want my Ais-kacang!", she replied with the same twinkle in her eye. She then quietly asked mommy whether we were still going for a walk after the supper.

No comments: