Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort




I had the pleasure to have stayed at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort, Pantai Dalit, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah last weekend. It really makes me feel ashamed enjoying the beauty and serenity in the absence of Mommy and our 'babies'(I'm sure Clarissa and Christa would protest being called babies nowadays).

After flying for 2 and a half hours (KLIA-KK), the journey from the airport to the resort took 30 minutes (off-peak). You may be able to catch a glimpse of Mount Kinabalu once the clouds are displaced. Upon reaching the resort, we were greeted by friendly staff with a welcome drink. I found the room very comfortable and elegant, with a view of the garden and seaside, all the bathroom necessities needed and cable TV.

It didn't take me long to wander off to the swimming pool and the beach. The fine sand was pleasant to walk on and therapeutic as I buried my feet underneath in the late evening. I managed to catch the beautiful red hue of the sunset but had to be satisfied with a glimpse of the sun during sunrise.

Mommy, you should join me the next time. We could take a walk in the nature reserve, go island hopping, relax in the Dalit Bay Spa and end the evening by the beachside Gazebo with a romantic candle-light dinner for two.

No comments: