Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lekha-lekha ice-cream kick instead of Kungfu Panda


Mommy was away for 2 days last week and I was left with Clarissa and Christa while Grandma took care of little Benedict. So I decided to be reward both the girls (before they decided to do some mischief) by bringing them for Kungfu Panda. Since it was only the week after the release, we could not get a ticket at the Cathay Cineleisure after work around 8pm. Utterly embarrassed at the fact that I have promised the girls a movie and not being able to fulfil it, I was desparate for an excuse. Clarissa wasn't pleased that she would not be watching the long awaited "Kungfu Panda" movie. They chorused together, "Daddy, I want to watch a movie!!!". While waiting for possible cancellations of reserved phone bookings, I decided to take them for a walk. We walked by the famous "Lekha-Lekha" Ice-cream outlet and the sight of multi-coloured ice-cream peppered with tantalising chocolate chip and candy caught their attention.

"Daddy, I want the Blue colour ice-cream", said Clarissa. "Daddy, I want the yellow colour ice-cream and the chocolate ice-cream", Christa added. I dipped my hand into my pocket and took out a RM10 note and had 10 cents in return. I can't really remember getting such treats when I was their age when I didn't get what my parents had promised. Those 20 minutes were the most enjoyable time they've ever had (you could see it on their faces and feel the fulfilment). We went home very happy after that!

No comments: