Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Uhm ... Daddy to the rescue!

I was busy doing my work this morning when the Montessori teacher called me up. "Clarissa has high fever and diarrhoea", she said. I instinctively thought that Mommy could sort it out for me. Unfortunately, she was at an outstation assignment.

I looked at my diary and quickly told my staff to find a replacement. "Ok, I'll come to pick her up now", I replied, half thinking what I would do with both Clarissa and Christa. It took me 30 minutes to get to the Montessori and another 30 minutes back to my office. "Hmmm ... so that's how the new Montessori looks!", I thought in my mind. I guess it's good that I had a feel of what the girls are going through each day and met the teachers.

I quickly sorted out the remainder of my 'work', got Clarissa some medication and told my staff I would be taking half a day off. "Don't think I can baby-sit while working", I said. I was quite surprised that both girls were quite well-behaved as I only provided them with a pen and a piece of paper and they were 'at work', not creating any mischief. She probably had a viral infection and soon recovered with medication.

As a reward (or rather to keep them happy), I decided to bring them to McDonald's along NKVE on the way home. Keeping the VIP pass handy, I managed to get 2 Apple pies free, 2 vanilla cone ice-cream, a fillet-o-fish and a Big Mac for me.

Mommy soon came along to save the day,... but I think Daddy did the trick this time. But I don't think I would be able to handle too many such episodes!

2 comments:

dobbs said...

McDonald's works wonders in keeping kids happy, doesn't it? ;)
Hope you daughter is feeling better now.

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

Yes, it does. It keeps the parents happy too! Clarissa only had fever for 1 day and was her usual self the next day.