Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yee Sang to usher in the Year of the Rat!



This year's Chinese New Year reunion dinner was different and somewhat special. Both Mommy and I had difficulty keeping ourselves awake as we were busy attending to Benedict the previous night. We had my brother and his wife join us. Grandma had a part-time domestic helper to help clean up the house and even assist in preparing the sumptuous meal. I did almost nothing.

One of the highlights of the reunion dinner was the Yee-Sang. I thought it looked different as we had jelly-fish instead of salmon. I was quite happy to stir up the 'words of encouragement' as we wished everyone in the family a happier and more successful year! I must say that I missed my sister and her family members.

Grandpa was a superb head of the house and host as he dished out the refreshments, coffee and finger food. I wish we had more times like these to catch up with each other while listening to some words of wisdom from Grandpa and Grandma.

No comments: