Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Malaysia Decides: 2008 General Elections


This 8th of March will be the 3rd time I will fulfill my duty as a responsible citizen of my beloved country, Malaysia. I find it quite interesting that I have been voting at different polling stations in different places of the country each time.

1st: Gelang Patah, Johor (1999)
2nd: Somewhere near Kukup, Johor (2004)
3rd: Seputeh, Kuala Lumpur (2008)

Where are you registered?

Better check out earlier if you have not. I checked as I wanted to find out whether I would still be voting in Johor which I didn't mind. It would give me an excuse to visit my Pontian friends. You can check out your polling station at http://daftarj.spr.gov.my/.

Why vote?

I was surprised that some of my colleagues have never voted in their lives. They didn't think their votes would count?!!! I suppose they shouldn't complain about how the country is run if they didn't cast their votes. Besides, my grandfather voted when he was in his seventies and had difficulty walking. So there's really no excuse not to vote. So, let's make that one vote count! Clarissa (see photo) would say,.... "Daddy, do the right thing!".

If you want to get reliable news on the elections, try this news blog.



Interesting links:
Election Process in Malaysia
Election Act and Regulations
Latest Election News from the Star
US Elections 2008
Political Polarisation

No comments: