Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Talk to daddy, don't cry!

















I am the lucky one as most of the trauma takes place around mummy's dress (literally). By the time I get home in the evening, both Clarissa and Christa will be busy tugging at mummy to get her attention. I could imagine the feeling of hang-over from baby-sitting the two girls the previous night and having a second trimester pregnancy at the same time. "Daddy!!!", yelled Clarissa while running to the door.

"Dah-deeeeee!!!", squelled Christa trying to get past her elder sister. Clarissa would not move and inch and that annoyed her little sister. Christa quickly put her hand out and grabbed at Clarissa's face. 'First-blood', with 2 scratch-marks on the forehead adjacent to the left orbit. In retaliation, she packed a full powered punch onto her sister's back causing Christa to fall. Mummy and daddy had one each to console but it was not after reprimanding them.

Clarissa refused to stop crying and went on for a minute. Then I told her, "Do you want to talk to daddy?", I asked. "Yes", was her answer. "If you do, then stop crying". She realised that she had to tell me about being 'clawed' by her little sister and stopped crying. I would then go over to the couch and have Clarissa seat next to me to tell me about all that happened.

No comments: