Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Naughty, naughty fish!



Knock! Knock! Knock! The sound of tapping on the glass of my 4 foot aquarium made me feel nervous. Knock! Knock! Knock! Again, there was the same sound. But this time it was followed by a reprimand, "Naughty, naughty fish! You cannot fight! Stop fighting alright!". To my surprise Clarissa was teaching the fish a lesson for engaging in a jaw-lock biting competition.

"Hmmm...! Learning from mom and dad again!", I mumbled. I then reminded her that she was not to tap on the glass as it might crack. "No-oh! It didn't crack!", she replied. "The fish was very naughty and didn't listen to me!", she protested. "It's alright. I will teach the fish to be good like you, ok?", I asked. "Ok, no more biting ok", she again reprimanded the fish.



I was glad that mommy was not around to see the whole episode. My aquarium hobby will be at stake if she did.

2 comments:

Pat Lu said...

Yup, kids pick up and mimic adults, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly along life's journey. However, we've to relearn a lot from them too!

Here's my story, taken from the article, An Entrepreneur's Attitude, Certified Management Digest September 1995...

"Go play with kids. You'll be surprised how much you will learn from them. Like my son (16 month old) who tried all ways to play with a turtle in a bowl when forbiddened to. He tried to dip his right hand into the bowl. Just as I stopped him, he reached out his left hand. Within split seconds, came his right foot followed by his left foot and his head. Last attempt, burst into tears. It didn't work either. But that's creativity and persistence! Be the kid again who never relents to get what he wants, no matter how strong the obstacles are. Be fearless. Just go for it. Do what you want to do today, and be satisfied with it. If you lose your fight today, leave it for another day."

You may like to read the full article here.

Enjoy! :)

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

Thanks, Pat. My wife tells me that the elder girl, Clarissa got her little sister to place both hands in the aquarium when I was at work. Both of them then splashed water all over the hall. And when she found out why the two girls were so quiet, both of them had to be reprimanded.