Google
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurner

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Getting to know Christa

I have always spent time talking to Clarissa (4 yrs) after returning home from work. We seemed to enjoy talking and she would tell me what happened at Montessori. Sometimes I let her suggest our 'nite-out' plan for the family.

Christa (2 yrs) is more attached to Mommy (and the baby-sitter). I guess it would be a challenge trying to get close to her as she does throw temper tantrums quite regularly. I started introducing some favourite tidbits to get her to feel at ease. My involvement in preparing her night and morning milk bottle seemed to have helped. She gets me to carry her onto the toilet seat to show that she is as clever as her sister. With bigger roles, I seem to have gotten to know her better.

When I started her bedtime story individual sessions, that seemed to have hit it off well. I give a different story to Christa so that she can identify with the characters and words. At least, she doesn't 'shoo' me away when I sit on her bed! (She expresses territorial rights over everything she touches!!!). She however dislikes me playing with her cousins. Maybe I too belong to her!

No comments: